QS Quacquarelli Symonds was founded in 1990 and has established itself as the leading global provider of specialist higher education and careers information and solutions. At QS we want to ensure candidates have access to the best tools and the best independent expert information before making a decision.
Our activities span across 50 countries, working with over 2000 of the world's leading higher education institutions and over 12,000 employers. We provide services at each key career stage; first degree, Masters, PhD, MBA, and Executive-level.
QS is seeking an Events Executive, with drive and passion – who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and at the same time has fun with the process. A team player at heart, this role will be based out of our Singapore office, delivering a year-round selection of events serving the international higher education sector, across the world.
The successful candidate will be an organised individual with a lot of initiative. A self-starter who loves working with the Microsoft Office features (Word, Excel etc). He/ She must be able to complete a wide range of activities, requiring clear communication and excellent organizational skills and must be able to adapt and respond quickly to changes, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of all events.
This role is in the professional services division of QS, providing leading services to universities for branding, conferences, data analytics, evaluation tools and software. This role will report directly to the Executive Producer [Singapore].
Experience working with the HE sector could be useful but not essential and experience in events management or publishing would be useful.
- Support the Executive Producer and team on event planning, budget, strategy, and development, to organize planned &/or sponsored events
- Assist in the design of the event experience, ensuring a high-quality level of delivery in support of the event's strategy and stakeholder needs
- Develop and improve the stakeholder experience in future events
- Manage and liaise with vendors for quotation, logistic/services requirement, onsite setup and delivery of the required logistic/services
- Assist in the management of event websites, CRM system, EDM and weekly newsletter
- Work closely with publication team to draft content for event website, invitation letter, marketing promotions, program brief and social media platforms
- Liaising with hosts, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, visitors and internally on logistic aspects
- Interact with key decisions makers and accountholders
- Host meetings with internal and/or external parties to communicate & tie-up for event deliveries
- Work with in-house designer to ensure event information is accurately represented
- Some travel will be required – up to 30% of your time will be spent traveling to various events
- Scope outside the above listed will be required from time to time as the team needs to adapt to changing environments e.g. digital deliveries
The successful candidate will have most of the following:
- Bachelor’s in marketing or related discipline
- 1 year of related event marketing experience, ideally in the event industry with the capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience carrying out event marketing efforts, including trade show planning, attendance, and reporting
- Experience partnering with an enterprise sales team
- Ability to handle pressure, multi-task, and work within tight schedules/deadlines
- Highly organized with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and onsite personnel
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- You are creative, innovative, and always think outside the box
- Highly organized and proficient at managing multiple projects with a tight timeline
- Confident, outspoken with a dynamic personality
- Capable of standing comfortably for up to eight hours a day and working long hours during preparation and event days
- Attractive remuneration and performance bonus
- Great Work Culture
- Career Advancement & Training Certification