QS is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals that are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions.
In November 2021 QS acquired StudentApply, a digital ed-tech platform which connects students from all around world with global universities and simplifies the college and university application process. In launching this new division, QS now provides dedicated end-to-end enrolment support for students, education counsellors, and university partners through a team of expert QS student enrolment managers. Our aim is to provide the best possible guidance, tools and support for students working directly with a QS Counsellor, through our authorized educational agency partners, college counsellors, and other recruitment partners within the region. Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience and help students and recruitment partners find the best possible options for their international education journey.
The Partnership Director, UK/EU is responsible for managing relationships with our portfolio of UK and European university partners. This includes prospecting and signing up new university partners, negotiating student success fees, ongoing account management, escalating admissions queries, and designing and presenting curated marketing and student recruitment opportunities.
This role may be based in Europe or UK.
Key responsibilities include:
Vision & Strategy:
- Identify and target appropriate university partners
- Develop a sales and marketing strategy pinpointing the advantages for universities to work with QS StudentApply
- Proactively identify how QS StudentApply can offer additional services to university partner to help meet their international student recruitment goals
- Build a knowledge database of universities and contacts in the region
- Build strong relationship with international offices at UK and European universities
- Liaise with University partners about admissions processes and requirements and escalate individual student cases when required
- Work with the finance team on billing and collecting enrolment fees
- Work with partner universities to ensure accurate information is available to our student users on QS websites and other properties
- Act as the liaison between other QS StudentApply functions and the university partner
- Contribute to continuous operational improvement initiatives across QS StudentApply
- Provide frequent analysis and insights to the business for operational improvement and ways to optimise Student Success outcomes such as enrolment or retention.
- Share feedback and recommendations to enable QS StudentApply to improve its processes, technology and workflows
What’s in it for me?
- Opportunity to play a key role in the development of one of the largest education companies in the world
- Opportunity to be a member of the global management team at QS StudentApply, collaborating with other senior leaders on initiatives as required
- Opportunity to play a key role in the transformation of an exciting and growing business
- Opportunity to earn above a base salary through the Company bonus scheme
The ideal candidate will have:
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in Higher Education, preferably in the field of international student recruitment
- Demonstrated experience in reporting, with an understanding of data analytics
- Experience in establishing and articulating a vision, setting goals, developing and executing strategies, tracking and measuring results.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (postgraduate qualification preferred), or equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing and presenting bespoke service packages
- Strong organisation and project management skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability.
- Ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution to complex issues.
- Ability to gather and document quality business requirements.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Able to work independently and proactively
A few things that make QS a great place to work include:
- Competitive package.
- Flexible working arrangements, including the option of working-from-home.
- Vibrant social environment and multicultural, multinational culture, strong team spirit.
- Focus on welfare – ride to work scheme, global wellness team, Calm app, EAP and health plan, mental health first aiders, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Strong recognition and reward programs – peer recognition platform, quarterly and annual awards, annual bonus scheme.
- Support for volunteering and study leave.
QS Quacquarelli Symonds is proud to be a fair and equal organization where everyone has the same opportunity to achieve their full potential, irrespective of their background or personal attributes. We celebrate our diversity and believe through sharing our experiences we can learn from one another, be stronger together, and enable our business to thrive.