QS Quacquarelli Symonds was founded in 1990 and has established itself as the leading global provider of specialist higher education analytics and solutions. At QS we want to ensure candidates have access to our independent insight-led services, so they can make the right choices for them, and for their future.
Our activities span 50 countries, working with over many of the world's leading higher education institutions and employers. We’re famous for the QS World University Rankings, the world’s most popular source of comparative insight into university performance. It’s from our detailed research, and this depth of understanding of all things education, that we seek to show leadership and be a lifelong decision partner for students and institutions alike.
We are on an exciting transformative path, with significant growth potential and a true sense of purpose. At QS, we’re working to make a difference to a billion future learners and to unleash their collective potential on the world. Our success is down to our people, and we are looking for more talented individuals to join us on that transformation.
QS is seeking motivated individuals to join our Intelligence Unit team in the position of Institutional Support Executive. This role is part of a professional, supportive and global team across locations in London, Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur and Bucharest – providing excellent exposure to an international work environment. Our clients are universities around the world and our services are designed to empower them to better achieve their objectives and impact, to the betterment of their students and stakeholders, and wider society. This pivotal role will serve as a guide, providing focused support to the institutions we work with to ensure they derive maximum value, and delight, from our services.
The role will focus on working in partnership and frequent contact with members of our broader community inside universities to build and secure supportive a supportive partnership between them and QS. From guiding them through their data submissions for rankings and evaluations to activating and empowering their access to our analytics platform; from validating submitted data and supporting evidence to issuing outcomes and advising on their best use – both tasks and scope will provide variety.
Successful candidates will believe in our mission to help people around the world to fulfil their potential; be passionately customer-focused; have a precise attention to detail and commitment to quality; be solutions oriented; be data comfortable; and be well organised with strong written and spoken communication skills in international English.
· Institutional support: Provide world class customer experience to our institutional clients and participants solving their queries, helping them in onboarding process and at key later checkpoints. Support client engagement, and ultimately delight, through our conferences and publications, supplementary webinars, and email and phone support when required.
· Data Acquisition and Validation: Gathering correct information from universities and detailed validation of data to evaluate universities. Effectively liaison with these clients to help clarify certain things about the data.
· Product delivery – Delivery and execution of QS Stars audits. Checking and troubleshooting on analytical dashboards for the clients.
· Customer research – Ability to scan the web or other applicable sources for useful information and contribute to high quality and insightful research outputs. Drawing together customer/user research from key product areas and pass on the relevant feedback to the product teams.
We’d love to hear from you if you have most or all of the following…
· Graduate degree with 2-4 years’ experience working in a professional environment. A prior background in auditing or consulting is highly desirable.
· Excellent self-organisation and time management skills, with a relentless results orientation
· Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in (international) English. Additional fluency in Spanish/Chinese/Arabic language is desirable but not necessary.
· Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders.
· Capability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data and synthesise clear narratives and conclusions.
· Experience working with data in Microsoft Excel and other office software. Experience of or exposure to other BI tools would be an asset.
· A passion for, or deep interest in, higher education and the role of universities in building a better world. An international perspective gained through work or study and interest in the international higher education sector, would be valuable.