QS is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals that are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions.
We publish highly visible and influential rankings of international universities, including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people. QS keeps growing organically, through acquisition and by recruiting top talent across key regions.
Our Digital & Events (D&E) business are driving digital innovation within the organisation, by building new website experiences, new platforms, and other new experiences. The Service Designer will play a key role in defining, researching, and testing new business opportunities.
As the Service Designer, you will help elevate things to the next level, ensuring UCD is at the forefront of all our exciting projects. You will embed Service Design principles and methodologies within the D&E business, and you will play a big part in bringing to life our future strategy.
You will take our existing products and services and connect these omni-channel experiences. You will work closely with our existing Strategy, Product and UX team to build out our customer journey, design customer interactions and help colleagues across QS to understand the commercial business benefits of a service design approach. You will ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Champion the voice of the customer across digital products and services.
- Execute a service vision, aligned to business strategy aimed at achieving business OKRs.
- Collaborate with the product and design team to entwine digital into the holistic service experiences.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to agree on the future design vision of candidate/client solutions.
- Play a key role in implementing projects, ensuring that the service vision is properly implemented across QS products and services.
- Communicate your ideas through service blueprinting, journey mapping, MVP prototypes and other methodologies.
- Design new product development concepts, supporting multi-service journeys, providing a seamless experience to users with a focus on the excellence of the execution.
- Select appropriate Service Design tools and methods for the various stages of student and client journeys.
- Engage with internal/external stakeholders by facilitating workshops to understand their needs, build narratives, framing the problem statement, conduct competitor analysis and evaluate how we are delivering against them.
- Synthesize both primary and secondary research data, uncovering key insights of our primary personas helping in uncovering gaps and opportunities for our user and employee facing activities.
- Synthesize the user research insights into actionable design strategy.
- Leverage and influence the design systems considering the holistic service vision across B2C/B2B solutions.
- Build a compelling vision of the feature using low/high-fidelity prototyping methods, conducting user testing, and evaluating with stakeholders.
- Work with the product management team to evidence business model and pitch to stakeholders.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Professional experience in service design handled for a company, consultancy or an agency.
- Educated to degree level in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience of designing and launching services to the real world.
- Deep expertise in human-centered design and/or Systems Design with multiple touch points (both visible and invisible).
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and apply Design Thinking methodology to develop experiences in creative ways.
- Design and implementation experience across human and digital channels.
- Experienced in facilitating end-to-end collaborative design sessions, including with senior audiences.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders to agree strategic direction and ensure support in executing.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Agile methodology experience is essential.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.