QS is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals that are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions.
We publish highly visible and influential rankings of international universities, including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people. QS keeps growing organically, through acquisition and by recruiting top talent across key regions.
Reporting to the Global Head of Client Success, you will lead a decentralised team located across Europe. Responsible for the running of the team, you will supervise the onboarding and day to day management of staff, ensure internal and client facing SLAs are met, refine processes, maintain internal documents, handle some tickets yourself and produce internal reports helping track performance against targets. As Team Lead of a team that is part of the Client Success pole, you will oversee communication with other teams, prioritizing MLB cards based on importance and urgency and relaying feature enhancement requests from clients; you will also be responsible for managing the escalation processes and communicate to clients about maintenance and upcoming releases.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee recruitment and onboarding of new team members, general day to day management of team members, conduct weekly one to one review with team members
- Set internal and client facing SLAs metrics and ensure compliance
- Set KPIs and conduct performance reviews twice yearly
- Oversee usage of tools (Zendesk, Smartsheet, Jira etc.) ensuring they are used in the most efficient way possible, constantly seeking ways to integrate the usage of those different tools (integrations, APIs etc.)
- Manage escalations
- Generate, analyze, and disseminate reporting monthly: tickets created vs solved per team and agent, unsolved tickets, SLAs compliance
- Produce and present content at the annual users’ conference (online/onsite)
- Deliver professional 1st Level Support to our International Clients
- Act as first line contact for clients, particularly for telephone requests
- Provide prompt solutions to client requests via telephone, email, and remote sessions
- Maintain continuous communication with our clients and keep records of customer interactions in our ticketing system
- Diagnose problems, provide suitable workarounds to the customer, and work closely with our 2nd Level and development teams
- Constantly contribute to our FAQ and Help center based on most frequent questions and issues
- Adhere to internal processes and procedures
- MoveON 4 emerging issue announcement
- MoveON 4 maintenance planning/announcement
- Bug prioritization
- MoveOn 4 hotfix announcement
- MoveOn 4 users’ conference: creation and overview of created content, delivery of training focused sessions
- Daily Customer Support team huddle
- Addressing frontline support tickets
- Onboarding new employees in Customer Support team (creating program, ensuring coordination with stakeholders and delivery against onboarding plan timeline)
- Tasks management (assignment, follow upon completion against agreed timeline)
- Chat management
- Handover to Support upon implementation project management (handover call, support process explanation)
- Supervision of Zendesk/Jira integration for tasks requests (Zapier)
- 1 to 1 call with Customer Support representatives ad hoc
- Creation of Jira cards for EWP activation requests from clients
- Clearing suspended tickets in Zendesk
What’s in it for me?
- High impact on the Client Experience
- Opportunity to shape the team and the processes applying to it in a fast-moving environment
- Opportunities for growth within department/company as the overall Client Experience is harmonized at group level
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing a mostly remote team in a SaaS environment and a proven track record working with clearly established KPIs
- An understanding of the EdTech industry and the international Higher Education market
- The ability to understand clients’ requirements and prioritize tasks based on established processes
- Good working knowledge of software used in Customer support teams (Zendesk, Jira) in both a client facing and internal analytics/reporting fashion.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- Team management: essential
- Experience of monitoring staff workload, setting objectives, performance management, appraisals, dealing with conflict, motivation, onboarding, training: essential
- Experience working in a SaaS environment: essential
- Direct Client interaction: understanding requirements, escalation process, expectations management: essential
- Recruitment: desirable
- Processes/Change Management: desirable
Technical skills and qualifications
- University Degree or equivalent
- Microsoft Office: advanced
- Jira: advanced
- Zendesk: advanced
- CRM (Netsuite etc.): intermediate
Empathy, flexibility, agile thinking, prioritization abilities, time management
A few things that make QS a great place to work include:
- Competitive package.
- Flexible working.
- Vibrant social environment and multicultural, multinational culture, strong team spirit.
- Focus on welfare – ride to work scheme, global wellness team, Calm app, EAP and health plan, mental health first aiders, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Strong recognition and reward programs – peer recognition platform, quarterly and annual awards, annual bonus scheme.
- Support for volunteering and study leave.