QS Quacquarelli Symonds was founded in 1990 and has established itself as the leading global provider of specialist higher education and careers information and solutions. At QS we want to ensure candidates have access to the best tools and the best independent expert information before making a decision. Our activities span across 50 countries, working with over 2000 of the world's leading higher education institutions and over 12,000 employers. We provide services at each key career stage; first degree, Masters, PhD, MBA, and Executive-level.
We are looking for a Senior BI Developer. This role will lead the sustenance development of Synergy as well as the migration of AWS. This role will work closely together with the Data Analysts and Data Scientists in the maintenance and change management of QSES Data Warehouse and Reporting Databases into an optimised dimensional model.
You will play an important role in:
• In collaboration with colleagues, design, develop and maintain an ongoing project to transform the current Data Warehouse into a dimensional model.
• Develop ETLs to extract and prepare data and reporting solutions using SQL, SSIS, .Net, APIs and other toolsets such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
• Investigate, design and develop ETLs for new data sources as the business need arises.
• Implement and maintain Data Quality and Master Data Management systems
• Design and develop tabular or multi-dimensional report models using but not limited to SSAS.
• Provide global support for any production issues relating to BI Systems and Reporting.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IS, mathematics, or a closely related field or equivalent demonstrable
experience in a BI Analyst/Developer role.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in designing and developing ETL processes using SSIS, .NET or Talend, including but not limited to utilising APIs to extract data from data sources.
• Minimum of 3 years proven experience with Data Warehouse design and development; specifically relating to Dimensional Models in MS SQL Server. Knowledge or experience in Amazon Redshift or PostgreSQL would be an advantage.
• Experience implementing MS SQL Server Master Data Management and/or Data Quality solutions would be advantageous.
What do we provide to you for you to succeed?
Are you ready to elevate your working skills and experience? Click the ‘Apply Now’ and you are one step ahead to an outstanding career.