BASED IN LONDON/HYBRID
- Are you an experienced Product Marketing Manager looking for your next challenge?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment working across global teams?
- Do you have experience of developing product positioning, messaging, tools and pain-driven data points to drive growth?
If you answered yes to the above, then we have an opportunity for you.
QS is a leader in services for the higher education sector, supporting thousands of universities and millions of students around the world. We’re looking for a high-performing Product Marketing Manager to join our marketing team. As a team we enjoy flexible working arrangements, Meeting-Free Fridays for focused time, upskilling and team rapport, tools for productivity and innovation, as well as a culture of support, creativity, learning and most importantly, fun.
The product marketing team at QS is split by products/services for student recruiters within universities, products/services for strategy and planning professionals within universities, and for QS’ international conferences and publications.
This role is specifically focused on products and services targeted towards student recruiters within universities, and includes exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at student recruitment fairs, a range of advertising and promotion opportunities through QS’ online portals, and enrolment services for universities. It is entirely B2B focused where clients/purchasers are universities around the world.
- Establishing key messaging, value proposition and positioning around products/services in order to attract, engage and retain new and existing customers.
- Developing and implementing product/service marketing plans for key countries and territories.
- Representing the voice of the customer, to ensure products/services reflect the needs of the market.
- Monitoring the competitor landscape in key countries and territories to ensure QS’ products/ services remain competitive and/or market leaders.
- Identifying usage trends and feedback of existing products/services for enhanced product development, including identifying opportunities for new product development and cross-product upsell.
- Developing sales collateral to enable sales teams to maximise conversion of leads and opportunities, including but not limited to product brochures, case studies, website copy etc.
- Coordinating the needs of sales staff to brief central teams responsible for campaigns, content, social media etc. Ensuring alignment between sales and marketing functions.
- Working alongside regional marketing managers for localisation needs.
- Managing marketing initiatives specific to individual products, such as awards submissions, event attendance etc.
- Line managing staff.
- Managing the product marketing budget.
Knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- Knowledge of B2B product marketing best practices and experience promoting complex products and services across global markets.
- Excellent written English with experience writing campaigns, product brochures, sales collateral etc.
- Experience navigating complex sales teams and building relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to present yourself professionally to all levels of the organisation, internally and externally.
- Ability to execute independently, yet also collaborate well with others across the business.
- Hyper organised and deadline driven.
- Collaborative and positive attitude.
Qualifications, training and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or similar field.
- Must have experience of working as a Product Marketing Manager or Product Marketing Executive.
- Experience of having managed marketing staff and budgets.
- Experience managing company attendance at conferences and trade shows.
- Experience with CRM preferred, ideally NetSuite.
- Experience within the higher education sector is preferable but not essential.
QS Quacquarelli Symonds is proud to be a fair and equal organization where everyone has the same opportunity to achieve their full potential, irrespective of their background or personal attributes. We celebrate our diversity and believe through sharing our experiences we can learn from one another, be stronger together, and enable our business to thrive.